NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

8.2

2015 GMC Acadia lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Acadia:

2015 GMC Acadia Owner Comments

Jul 102016

Acadia

We have a 2015 GMC Acadia sle-2 with projector headlights. We can only see about 50-75 ft. Ahead with low beams, there is a dark line at hood level where the light cuts of into darkness. The light bounces up and down when driving this is very distracting and dangerous. It is difficult to see the shoulder of the road, I did not see a pedestrian until he was right beside me. The high beams are about the same as the low beams in our previous vehicle (2010 GMC terrain). I contacted our dealer who said there was no recall or tsb regarding our problem. The service manager said he will try to adjust the aim of the headlights. He stated he had done this with other customers but it was not a fix for the problem it may only help a little. I saw similar complaints on carcomplaints.com. We feel this a safety issue and needs to be addressed. We feel someone should drive this vehicle in a dark rural area (where we live and drive most often) and they would see the problem!!!

- Hale, MI, USA

Jun 272015

Acadia

My recent trip from Connecticut to atlanta, ga and then to vero beach, fl was driven at night.I found myself having trouble seeing any road sign hanging high, and most road signs in general unless I used my high beam lighting. I brought my car to the GMC dealership in both vero beach, fl and watertown, ct where I bought the car. It was found to have a very sharp cut off of light and with in the design tolerance. Both dealers have no clue as it is in GMC tolerance and there is no replacement light bulb for the light assembly. They both agree there is a design problem. I am now stuck with a new car that has bad lighting and will need additional lighting or get a new car from someone other than GMC. I did contact GMC and was told that there was not much they could do as it was per design.my car has no additional lighting, not even a fog light. Just received a call from GMC. The car is ok by its design, and as of now I have no more options.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Jul 012015

Acadia 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 GMC Acadia. The contact stated that the low beam headlamp assembly was extremely dim. During evening hours, the contact had to apply the high beams because the visibility was poor. The dealer was notified of the failure and indicated that the low beams met the manufacturer's standards. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and did not provide a remedy or modification to improve the visibility. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was unknown. Updated 09/21/15 updated 3/29/2016

- Waterbury, CT, USA