CarComplaints.com Notes: The GMC Canyon is mechanically identical to the Chevy Colorado.

5.4

2007 GMC Canyon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Canyon:

2007 GMC Canyon Owner Comments

Dec 012009

Canyon

I took my truck in to the dealer because the rear brakes would stick the when depressed and released doing normal stop and go in my neighborhood at intersections with stop signs. The deal service advisor informed me that there was a service bulletin on my rear brakes. The did the repairs as stated in the service bulletin and that I would not have a problem with my brakes. I told the service advisor at the dealership that in order for the proper repairs done that both sides if my rear axle brakes should have new parts installed, not just one side. On the day of June 20th 2011 with only 25277 miles on my 2007 GMC Canyon the brakes started to stick and squeal again just like when I had the first work done as stated in the first service bulletin. Now the service advisor informs that I must pay the labor charges for these new repairs to install parts and the rear axle brakes even after the fact I informed them that I purchased the "extented warranty coverage" because at the time I purchased this warranty I was told that if any mechanical failed I would be covered and I could drive my new truck "worry free" of any problem after the original 3 year or 30,000 miles, which ever comes first, ran out.

- Key West, FL, USA