CarComplaints.com Notes: The GMC Canyon is mechanically identical to the Chevy Colorado.

5.5

2009 GMC Canyon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Canyon:

2009 GMC Canyon Owner Comments

Oct 132011

Canyon

I sent in this complaint a year ago and never heard back from you. Throttle sticks on my Canyon and it appears to be computer related. It continues to accelerate even after taking my foot "off the gas." It will rev down after hitting the brake pedal. Have you heard of this before? truck is standard shift and usually happens when "going through the gears".

- Stafford Springs, CT, USA

Nov 282012

Canyon

This incident has happened on several occasions. When taking off from a stopped position and going through the gears when accelerating quickly, the accelerator has stuck even when my foot is taken off of the pedal. This happens as I am shifting from first to second gear, when I take my foot off the gas then push in the clutch and shift gear and release the clutch, the computer does not respond to my foot coming off the throttle. The truck continues to accelerate even with my foot off of the throttle. The only way to stop the acceleration is to repeatedly tap the pedal until it releases. The first time this happened I thought that I might have inadvertently hit the cruise control but this is not the case. It seems that I need to allow approximately a one second delay from when I remove my foot from the throttle until I push in the clutch to avoid this situation. Is this typical of today's computer controlled vehicles?

- Stafford Springs, CT, USA