Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The GMC Canyon is mechanically identical to the Chevy Colorado.

2011 GMC Canyon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Canyon:

2011 GMC Canyon Owner Comments

Feb 022011

A day or two after purchasing vehicle I was in a cramped parking lot and when I applied the brakes the vehicle suddenly accelerated. This happened twice, once going forward and once in reverse before I realized that my foot was partly on the brake pedal and partly on the accelerator. It has happened at least eight times since then. I have found that it happens more often when I am wearing wide soled work shoes. (GMC markets this vehicle as a work truck.) this is a very dangerous problem which caused me to nearly trap a woman who was standing behind her car in a gas station. Fortunately I was able to stop in time but she and I were both visibly shaken by the incident. I reported the condition to the dealer from whom I bought the vehicle but the response was that I should be more careful.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA