8.0

1. replace the door latches (1 reports)
2003 GMC Envoy accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Aug 022006

Envoy XL 3.2L V6

I bought my 2003 Envoy in 2005. Within less then a year the rear drivers door would not latch. I took it back to the dealer I bought it from and there was a recall on the rear door seals but not the latch itself. They seemed to get the latch to work. Then about 2 years later I had an issue with both the back doors not latching right. Took it to a GMC dealer. They contacted GMC about the latches and GMC offered to replace the latches at no cost but the dealer was going to charge me $300.00 to install them. When I asked for the free latches to have someone cheaper to install them the dealership refused. Somehow the doors ended up latching again when I picked it up. About 6 months ago the drivers side door wouldnt latch. So again I am driving around with a 3rd door bugnie corded shut until I could get it fixed. It is no fun having to crawl across the front seats to get out. I just finially got that door fixed. Now the same back drivers side door will not latch again for the 3rd time. I notified GMC about all the issues I have had with 3 of the 4 door latches. They claim there is no problem with the door latches. I found out after buying the replacement latches that there is a piece that is platic and that is what keeps breaking on my latches. Cheap junk, but a costly part!

- , Marion, OH, USA