9.5

2. replace oil pressure sensor (1 reports)
2003 GMC Envoy engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jun 122010

Envoy XL V6

My Reduced Engine Light and Service Engine Light have been on for six months now. We have put over a 1000 dollars into it. Everyone has told us to replace the fan clutch, pedal, electrical, computer, etc. Well we have and it is still not working!!

- , Emporia, KS, USA

Apr 282010

Envoy

so a few weeks ago or so my abs light would turn on and off while I was driving for no reason. Then a few days ago when it came on my car just turned off! I restart it and it just does it again moments later! When it turns off it acts like it has run out of gas but I have over a half a tank! When I did put 10 bucks of gas in there it ran good for about 10-15 miles and then it did it again! Now I am stuck about 20 miles from my house with this POS! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought this car 2 years ago for 25,000 dollars and I have put a new engine in it and literally any other part u can think of... starter ,alternator ect. The cd player does not work the air and heat only work on level 4 and it only stays cold or hot for like the first few minutes! Now I am too poor to take it to a real mechanic HELP!!!

- , Columbus, OH, USA

Sep 102008

Envoy SLE 4.2L

engine stalls at highway speed. replaced oil pressure switch. corrected problem

- , Concord, NC, USA

Dec 012005

Envoy

Vehicle shuts down on the highway (5 times). Problem first occured almost one year ago. (70 miles an hour/car dies) I was stranded twice on the side of the highway. It was determined that it was a bad oil pressure sensor. Last week happened again. (70 miles an hour/car dies) It was determined that it was a bad accelerator switch. 4 days latter.... dead on highway...70 miles an hour. Car is at dealer again. 900 miles remaining on warranty. I am afraid to drive my car.

- , Prattville, AL, USA