2003 GMC Envoy fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy:

2003 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Dec 102010

I have 03 GMC Envoy that I take very good care of. I have been smelling gas lately and not seen any gas leaking. The gas odor gradually has been getting stronger and stronger. Eventually I was able to tell that there is a gas leak, but is only leaking a small amount while the truck is running. Now my Envoy reeks of gasoline all the time outside and sometimes inside when the heat is on and idling. Seems the gas pools on an indent on top of the gas tank and when I pull into my driveway(down a steep hill and sharp turn) it all pours out. Seems that everyone is having the same type problems. Seems to me this is a bad design on GM's behalf.......maybe they will step up to the plate and fix this obvious defect. I wonder if they still produce them like this? I can only assume that this affects so many other models. Yikes! that's a lot of people who are in danger or got stuck with a lofty repair bill.

- Dorchester , MA, USA

Sep 282009

Vehicle: 2003 GMC Envoy failure: Speedometor and fuel gauge stopped working. The dealer states this is a very common problem and GM known about this defect but refuse to do anything about it. The instrument cluster needs to be replaced, approx cost of repair is $500 (part & labor). I am very uncomfortable to drive not knowing how fast I am going especially when drive with my baby in GMC Envoy.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 062003

Envoy 6-cyl

The consumer took the vehicle in for the instrument panel not working. The odometer did not show a reading. The side mirrors moved on their own. The radio was inoperative, there were problem with on star, the A/C freon was going into the vehicles interior, fuel leaked from the tank and had run down the left side of the vehicle/door, the bell light and message warned low fuel when the tank was at its capacity, the liftgate would not latch.

- Ashland, AL, USA