2004 GMC Envoy accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jul 262012

Envoy 6-cyl

Lock completely out of back hatch wire acts as if it has a short which shuts the whole back down I am unable to use my rear wiper at all interfere with my steroe shutting of when U turn off Envoy when it shouldn't have been locked completely out of the rear bottom and the glass hatch I do not use my hatch now because I don't want to be locked out again it has happen twice and this not under warranty have seen othe complaints online due to same issues has there been a recall on this I have only had this Envoy for 4 months and to be honest I think it messes with the air I have duel air and the passenger side gets colder quicker than the driver and never seemed to do this untill the wires G started messing up in the rear.

- Indpls , IN, USA

Apr 092011

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

One rear door swung open while pulling out of a parking lot with my daughter in the backseat (thank goodness she was in a seatbelt, but my purchase went flying out and spilled out all over the road). Since then I have noticed both rear door latches randomly stick closed even when the doors are unlocked and both latches randomly fail to latch closed causing door to remain open. After this happens, I try numerous times to close the door only to have it not catch. After playing with the latch, it finally works. I avoid opening the rear doors at all if I can. The latches do appear corroded and rusty. There is a recall for this on the 2003 XL model, but my 2004 model has the same exact problem! it seems others share the same complaint according to some internet forums.

- Pompton Lakes, NJ, USA