6.2

2004 GMC Envoy accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Mar 102005

Envoy

I've had problem with the electrical system. When I try to play the cd player it says check disc sometimes the disc will not eject from the radio. The clock always reset itself to incorrect time and not all lights stay lit on dash. Reported this incident twice to dealer they replaced sensor twice and here it is 2008 warranty has expired and still having same problems.

- Centreville , IL, USA

Mar 202006

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

I bought my GMC Envoy in January 2004 for approx. $42,000. This car has everything. After about 2 months of the purchase, my gps went out and had been fixed twice. My brakes do not always work --sometimes they slip especially when I need them most -which is scary. GMC said that they have heard about this problem before, but did nothing to resolve the problem. The engine stalls periodically. GMC said they do not know why. The gas gauge and odometer do not work properly. When I brought my vehicle into North county GMC dealership in san diego for repairs I mentioned my gas gauge did not work along with many of the other issues. After they repaired the odometer by replacing the cluster, the gas gauge still did not work. Every single time these problems happen I am forced to pay a $100 service charge just so they can look at it and because I am in sales, I am also forced to get a rental car. After all this, I am still quite displeased with GMC. I hate to say it but they are supposed to be the best american car "?professional grade?" and if this is true I will never buy an american vehicle again. GMC said they would be checking on all these problems and every single time I picked my Envoy up after they supposedly fixed the problems, I found several issues still unresolved. They suggest I need to set another meeting to bring my Envoy in and of course will cost another $100.

- San Diego, CA, USA