2004 GMC Envoy fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

May 012007

Envoy 6-cyl

I own a 2004 GMC Envoy with approximately 85,000 "highway" miles. My check engine light came on a few months ago an I had it analyzed at a large auto repair chain. It indicated a vacuum leak. The mechanic determined that the top of the pvc gas tank where the inlet value was mounted to the tank during manufacturing was likely the source as there was fuel stains running down the tank from this location! to add some additional support to this matter, the mechanic stated that another General Motors vehicle of the same type had the same, exact problem the week before. Obviously this is not my problem alone. I contacted General Motors and long story short, they refused to replace the tank because it was out of warranty. The GMC mechanic indicated that if it had 60,000 miles or fewer, he would likely have replaced it for me. I attempted to explain that a fuel leak is a very dangerous problem and I was concerned about my families safety. To explode or burn in an accident, because of this problem was unacceptable. This is not a mileage factor and it is not a wear part, it was simply not properly sealed when it was being manufactured. I feel that General Motors should check into this matter as it is a serious safety issue that likely affects many Envoy and trail Blazer. I hope that this notice will start a full investigation and a recall. A death from this defective part is very possible. Thank you, kent mayer

- Lake Worth, FL, USA