2. replace the relay (1 reports)
2004 GMC Envoy lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jan 012015

Envoy SLE 4.2L

After changing out the bulbs and the sockets, it still has the issue of driving and then the lights go completely off the only lights working are the fog lights and high beams. So not sure why they keep on going off and on without any warning. While driving and not having lights to see, I have almost run into another car and they into to me as they could not see me coming.

- , Turlock, CA, USA

Oct 122013

When I'm driving after dark, my headlights dim at inappropriate times. At first I thought it was living in the country and traveling bumpy roads but I now live in town and this has happened since I have owned the car for 9 years. At one point the dealer replaced something under warranty and it seemed to stop for a few months but it does it frequently and there is no solution that we have found.

- , Hagerstown, MD, USA

Jul 282008

Envoy SLE V6

This was hell to leave home and when it would get dark not knowing if you would have lights to see where your going are to make it back home.Over 2 hours away when it happen the 1st. time, in ATL with my family and just not knowing if I would make it home with my family unharm.It hurt to talk about it because we all could have been killed.If I had any idea it was going to be like this I would never have got a GMC. But I know now,and never,never will I ever again.

- , Thomson, GA, USA