1.2

2004 GMC Envoy miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Mar 232016

Envoy

Every time this truck is due for emissions, a service engine light appears. Cost me 1K one year, 12K, another yr, $800 the last time. Huh? I will never buy a GM product ever again. My family only drives GM!

- Sandy, UT, USA

May 012012

Envoy

One day my sunroof worked and the next day it would not. It was stuck in the in the open position (not fully open, but when the front end raises an inch or so). I took it to a GM certified mechanic and they said I would need a whole new assembly and quoted me $2,100. The dealership and GM notified me that they would not help me with this defect at all. My car is in excellent condition with only 85,000 miles on it, but it is only worth $5,000 and I paid over $14,000 for it in 2009 when I bought it from a GM dealership. I cannot afford to lose $2,100 on this vehicle. And this is not the first issue that I have had. When I drove it home from the dealership the whole instrument panel failed. They fixed that. Then a year later, when I was driving home with my new born, the entire car shut down while in motion going 45 miles per hour. The dealership said that it was a problem with the computer and the warranty would not cover it, but it would cover a restoration of the computer. Then when I went to get my vehicle the refused to let me take it until I paid $200. My vehicle has shut down while driving since that and can barely maintain idling at traffic lights at times. Now back to the sunroof, after not being able to afford to fix it the mechanic took out the sunroof and just set it in the frame so at least water would not get in when it rained. However, it is just sitting in there and can easily be lifted out and may even get blown out on the freeway. When exactly will this become a safety hazard" when my sunroof blows off on the freeway and causes a fatal car accident? or when my car completely shuts down on the middle of the freeway and my children and I get killed in a pile up" GM has been convicted of neglecting to recall vehicles with safety issues recently. Clearly, GM refuses to protect its customers. Please help protect consumers and do something about this.

- Ventura, CA, USA

Jul 012015

Envoy

My 04 GMC Envoy was having problem with the battery not holding a charge I went and purchased a new battery at autozone installed the new battery after the install we went to drive our car and the ac would only blow through the defroster vents and floor vents. I went online and looked at many websites forms and youtube videos with the same complaints of other owners stating the same thing happen to them after replacing the battery. I have found over 5000 complaints of the same issue this seems to bee a known issue I believe this needs to be recalled now my ac will not work because of a known issue with Envoy as well as trailblazers

- Clovis, CA, USA

Apr 152015

Envoy

Going down the road to work my airbag light comes on and wont go off and now I cant get a inspection sticker there was no reason for my light to come on unless there is something wrong with vehicle!!

- Lynchburg, VA, USA

Aug 202014

Envoy

All electrical power all gauges, locks, radio, goes on and off locks unlock and lock all information panel lights up and goes out all gauges lights up and goes offall warning signals that is.

- Washington, DC, USA