2004 GMC Envoy seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Jan 032007

Envoy 4-cyl

In route to work driving my 2004 GMC Envoy I was involved in what I would considered a head on collision with a telephone pole. The impact was great enough to spilt the pole in two, top half just missing the roof of the vehicle. Upon impact the airbags did not deploy nor did my seat belts lock me in causing me to fly forward hitting my head on the steering wheel, I had to be extracted from vehicle by fire department and transported to er. I now have permanent scar approximately 5 inches in length across my forehead. I filed a complaint with GMC later to be informed that after their investigation they concluded that since the passenger side took the greater of the impact the impact was not great enough to warrant airbag deployment. Please note that drivers nor passenger side airbag deployed.

- Staten Island, NY, USA