9.5

$1,151.00

1. let gmac have the car back (3 reports)
2004 GMC Envoy transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy:

2004 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Sep 232013

Envoy XUV 6.2L

I had transmission rebuilt by a transmission specialist one year and one month ago. I was driving down highway, warning light went on, 40 miles or so later without warning the transmission begin spinning and no moverment. This problem should be investigated by GMC. But I will not hold my breath, that's how much faith I have in this company.

- , Venus, Texas, USA

Aug 162012

Envoy XUV 6.2L

I just got the shifter cable fixed for a hefty amount and before, I could get this vehicle back in the driveway the transmission began to spin and nothing not movement no warning. This the second trip to the Transmission shop. I'm beginning to lose faith in this 2004 GMC Envoy.

- , Venus, Texas, USA

Nov 122011

Envoy XUV In-Line 6

I was driving down the interstate and the transmission just went out. Never had any prior problem except for earlier that day I felt a be my jolt while driving. Now, I have no movement in any gear position. Assuming it may be my torque converter. 139000 miles. What a piece of junk. I am the only owner and first time trying GMC. Very disappointed. Having it towed to a tranny mechanic tomorrow.

- , Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 052007

Envoy XUV V6

GMAC really got over on me here. My 1st ever purchased car, brand new, 1st owner and the transmission goes dead in less than 30,000 miles. Was driven as a vacation car at that for one year

Since a new transmission was put in AT MY EXPENSE, it also feels like something is wrong and now GMAC has just screwed me over and over again.

I wonder if anyone else had problems with their 2004 GMAC Envoy XUV but at this point, I dont even care no more. I've given in to the annoyance of dealing with their customer service and accounting b/c they've created problems for me and financial loss.

- , Mauldin, SC, USA