2005 GMC Envoy body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Envoy:

2005 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Aug 222016

I had three cars in front of me stopped. I did not see any breakl lights and I hit the car in front of me pushing the other cars to hit each other. My front end of my car was severely damaged bad enough to damage the radiator and destroy my ac unit. I'm not sure what else was damaged. It sent the person in front of me and myself to the emergency room. " my air bags did not deploy ". my vehicle was moving on a city street.

- Jay, FL, USA

Oct 292014

While driving my Envoy rear door opened up on the highway while driving. I pulled over and tried to close it. It wouldn't close, I had to use a bungy cord to keep it closed.

- Harpursville, NY, USA

Mar 152013

Envoy 6-cyl

The accident happened on 2-15-2013 on Pennsylvania avenue SE during rush hour the other car did not yield to ongoing traffic on Pennsylvania avenue and dodged out from a side street and hit my vehicle on the front side and my son who is 13 head hit the dashboard and my daughters dog flew from the back seat up to the front. The other vehicle airbag did deploy but mines did not.

- Washington, DC, USA

Dec 282011

Envoy 6-cyl

The rear windshield of my 2005 GMC Envoy XL exploded for no apparent reason today. I lifted the full hatch (not just the window section) to place items in the back that I had purchased at home depot. I placed a can of paint, one bag, and a bag of sand in the back - nothing that was near the glass of the hatch. I then closed the hatch with enough force for it to close securely, but not with excessive force. As I walked to the driver side door to enter the car, I heard a loud pop that I thought was someone hitting the back of my car with their vehicle. As I walked around to the back, my rear window was shattered into a million tiny pieces. There were no objects or people around the window close enough to break it - it just shattered for no reason at all! the dealership says they have no record of issues with rear windshields, but I found information that differs on line. Fortunately, the deductible on my insurance is only $200. However, for others, I have seen where they have had to pay up to $1500 out of pocket for the expense because the dealership refuses to replace the window. The company that is coming to replace it said the window itself costs $937, not including the installation.

- Dallas, GA, USA