2.2

2005 GMC Envoy lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Envoy:

2005 GMC Envoy Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Apr 102016

Envoy

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Envoy. While driving at any speed, the exterior lighting failed. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 15V599000 (visibility). The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000.

- Saucier, MS, USA

May 012016

Envoy

Reading numerous complaints that compare to mine the fuel gauge, oil gauges, air conditioner are all malfunctioning in my car and I'm very upset because all of this should have been recalled. I purchased my car brand new in 2005 and I will never buy a GMC car again for this reason it's one thing to recall repair parts that were broken that to repair malfunction parts. Very disappointed. In short my gauges don't work, my air conditioner only works on one side and now my headlights low bean don't work. GMC needs to recall and repair.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jan 012015

Envoy

Lights go off and won't come back on for 2 hours. You can smell something burning but cannot find where it is coming from. I have replaced all bulbs 3 times. And nothing changes.

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Jul 202015

Envoy

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Envoy. While driving, the contact noticed that the front passenger side headlight flickered and failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who replaced the headlight and fuse; however, the failure persisted. The vehicle was taken back to an independent mechanic, but the failure could not be duplicated. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 133,000.

- Lasayette, GA, USA

Aug 072015

Envoy

I was driving down the highway after dark and my low beams completely went out. I could only get my high beams to work. Currently only one low beam is working and the other will not work even after changing the bulb or the fuse. I believe this is a huge safety concern especially having a young child. It was very scary going down the road at night and have your lights completely just go out. I have noticed that there are issues with 06-07 Envoy but I wanted GM to be made aware that 2005 models have been affected as well.

- Lafayette, GA, USA

May 012015

Envoy 6-cyl

I was driving on a curvy 2 lane road in the country and the sun was just setting and I couldn't get any lights on my car. My lights are automatic and I just assumed that I had bumped a button and accidentally turned them off, so I started turning the switch to turn them on and it wasn't working. I almost drove off the road several times trying to get some light on. I then hit a section where tree lined curved section that was pretty dark. There had been no shoulder or anywhere to pull over there or for several miles. I could get bights lights, but no dim. I ended up driving with my fog lights, unknowingly at the time. We had just replace the bulbs 5 months before but we tried new bulbs and fuses to see if this would fix the problem. Unfortunately, it didn't. I have noticed a recall on lights for the Envoy years 06-07 for what seems like the same reason and mine is an 05.

- Saint Charles, MO, USA

Dec 032010

Envoy 6-cyl

As I was driving the vehicle, the dashboard lit up and the odometer and all the information systems went to zero. This has happened often over the years. I took it to two GMC car dealerships and the first one said it was the kill switch installed by a buy here pay here dealership. The kill switch was removed and the dashboard continued to flicker. Then the car would not start, I took it to another dealership and was told they couldn't find anything. The car began to tribble, again I took it in and was told that I needed to clean the fuel injection system. I did that and bought a battery but that didn't help. The tow driver said it seems to be something electrical but the car dealership can't find a solution. Have you had this complaint before? not to confuse the complaint, I have several issues. 1. dashboard lights up and the information panels shut down (all are at zero) 2. the odometer goes to zero and the instrument cluster is black 3. tribble underneath while driving feels as if the car is shaking thank you for any assistance you can provide.

- Loganville, GA, USA

Nov 242014

Envoy

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the low beam headlights failed. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic, who diagnosed that the relay switch for the low beam headlight assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 07E014000 (exterior lighting). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 103,750.

- Lorain, OH, USA

Apr 032007

Envoy

The contact owns a 2005 GMC Envoy. The contact stated that while driving with the head lights activated, both lights would intermittently become dimmer and then increase brightness. The contact indicated that the defect was repeated each time the head lights were turned on. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 11,000.

- Salem, OR, USA

Feb 072014

Envoy 6-cyl

The first day we had the truck the speedometer displayed the wrong speed and has been that way. It works occasionally. Then a week later the low beam head lights went out while driving. They came back on after a few mins. This happened again a few days ago. The fuel gage is in accurate as well. I took it to a shop and they said the instrument cluster needs to be replaced but found no issues with the head lights but there is definitely an issue with the headlights and that is very dangerous.

- Faith, NC, USA

Jul 142013

Envoy 6-cyl

We were driving at night and the head lights went out leaving us in the dark. We have checked the fuses but they are all fine. The fuel gauge does not come off of empty even though we fill it up.

- Paris , IL, USA

Jun 062013

Envoy 6-cyl

While I was driving on the ramp, my headlights started to flicker in and out. At one point the lights went completely out. After hitting a bump in the road the lights came back on. Went to the mechanic and they were not able to find anything wrong.

- Riverdale, MD, USA

May 112013

Envoy 6-cyl

On way driving down the road at 8:00 pm central time at night to mothers house at speed of 45 mph which is speed limit 55 mph. All of a sudden while driving, the headlights start flickering on and off. As I still driving, the headlights flickering on and off got worse and worse. I was immediately concern with the safety of myself and other drivers on the road that I had to stop at a store to check the lights. Lights and vehicle is intact and nothing seem to cause any obstruction for the lights to flicker on and off. I immediately came home which I was only 15 miles from the house.

- Vernon, AL, USA

Sep 092010

Envoy 6-cyl

Almost dusk, high beams were on. Thought I saw a flicker. Got behind another car and saw that it was my lights. Looked to my panel and my voltage was swinging between 9 volts up to 18-19 volts. Turned all power draw off except my low beams. Needle kept swinging and lights kept flashing. Was 6 miles from home. I made it. There was a discharge to my system instead of continueing to charge. Took to dealer. Nothing found. 11-6-2012 it happened again. Has happened inbetween also. Very intermittant. Had batttery & alternator checked at least 3 times. Always good. After incidents, works fine until next time. Never happened in summer. Always when cooler weather. Now that it is December, afraid to drive after dark. There must a bullentin or recall"?? too many complaints on this problem. Don't want to get rid of my car. Engine is good. Only 69,000 miles. Is dealer just acting dumb"

- Vale, NC, USA

Envoy 6-cyl

Headlights began to dim, then brighten repeatedly, as to appear to be "flashing" other drivers. Shortly after, the oil pressure gauge malfunctioned. After the oil pressure gauge, a few days later the battery gauge malfunctioned. A few weeks later, the gas gauge stopped working right. Now, the engine continuously jerks, like it is missing due to lack of fuel. Contacted GMC on 11-09-2012. No solution.

- Eau Claire, WI, USA

Envoy 6-cyl

The rear light, located at the top of the vehicle snapped off while traveling at a speed of 55 mph. Fortunately there was an accident as result, but very easily could have created one. Would like for GMC to cover the cost to repair.

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Oct 012010

Envoy 6-cyl

The fuel gage stopped working and the low fuel light stays on. The check engine light keeps going on and off the port to check engine code does not work. The inside courtesy lights stopped working one back up light will not work the left brake light gets no power and won't work. Only 3 of the 5 speed settings on the fan work. GMC dealer says they can do nothing, and that they do not have other complaints on these problems. However I am able to find thousands of the same complaints online in various consumer sites. GMC won't even return my calls.

- Melba, ID, USA

Nov 162009

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

Out of nowhere my front head lights went out. Its not the fuse or the bulbs, both front low lights went out. The high beams work. There is no power going to the lights and I have to buy a new switch. The gas gauge is broken. The ABS/brake light is on. I feel so stuck with this car!

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jun 102010

Envoy

Fuel gauge just stopped working. Is always on E. even when I fill it up.. gas light constantly on and dinging. I know this is a problem in Envoy and I feel GMC should be liable for correcting the problem. Mileage range is huge so it is hard to travel and know when to get gas. Especially on the interstate when gas stations are not always in range.

- Springfield, IL, USA