4.2

2006 GMC Envoy brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 GMC Envoy:

2006 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Nov 082011

Envoy 6-cyl

I was traveling North on the fl tpke. In my 2006 GMC Envoy on 11/8/11 just South of orlando at 9:30 pm when the car in front of me jammed on the breaks because the car in front of him was driving unsafely. When I jammed on my brakes the ABS did not function and the brakes locked up. I was swerving violently from side to side across the two lane highway until I finally got the vehicle under control with much physical effort. I thought I was a dead man but I survived. Thank god there were no other cars around me or there would have been a terrible accident at 70 mph which is the speed limit. Luckily I was able to avoid striking the other two vehicles in the road. There was tire smoke everywhere. This is a serious problem and now I am afraid to drive my vehicle at highway speeds. GMC needs to be notified and something needs to be done about this.

- Maitland, FL, USA