2007 GMC Envoy engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Envoy:

2007 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Dec 122012

Envoy 4WD 6-cyl

I was stopped at a traffic light, I was listening to my radio. The light changed I put my foot on the gas pedal and truck didn't move.. it was then I realized the it stalled. I put in neutral and started it back up. And continued to work. After this initial time it was happening two to three a day, atleast three times a week for months.. I took it back to dealer 15 times. I have a paper trail for this. They told me they could not find anything wrong with it. I have had my vehicle for going three years and have only put 11,000 miles becauseii am afraid to drive it any long distance. I don't want to break down and be stuck alone. I have already put a complaint into GM about this and they have done nothing. It is total bull. All I want is my car fix so I can enjoy it. I am paying for a car that just sits 80% if the time. Look St on star if you don't believe me. Please help me get my car fix right.

- Clementon, NJ, USA

Oct 272014

Envoy 6-cyl

The engine died without warning. No power steering. Lights, flashers, radio, air conditioning, clock and other electrical parts continued to work. Just no engine power. This was on a houston freeway (I-45S) at 5:30 pm. Able to coast to left emergency lane. Had car towed by aaa.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 062014

Envoy 6-cyl

I got into the truck to leave work shifted into reversed half way thru the turn the wheel locked up and truck shut off. I put in park and restarted no problem the next day same thing at a red light wheel lock needs to be restarted. It sounds like the same issues on the recall but my truck is not on the list.

- Annapolis, MD, USA

Apr 232012

Envoy 6-cyl

Without any warning/indication [nothing light up on dashboard]; the car started jerking & slowing down. It sounded like rocks was rolling around under the hound of the car. I pressed the onstar button [which the car has been monitored by for the entire time of ownership, and all reports have always been engine/drivetrain/transmission good] and the was told there was and engine misfire. All maintenance has been kept up to date; and again the car monitored by onstar and never have I received a bad report. I don't understand how/why something like this could happen w/O any warning! I tried working with the local dealership; GMC financing office ~ and nothing!! this car is paid for & I cant afford the repair cost associated with it. This has to be some sort of defect!!!!!!!!!!

- Richmond, VA, USA

May 272012

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Envoy. After refueling the vehicle the contact noticed that the fuel gauge was providing an erroneous reading of empty. The fuel and check engine warning lights were also illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnostics or repairs. The contact stated that later, the tire pressure warning light also illuminated although the tire pressure was accurate to specifications. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 28,000.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA