2.6

2009 GMC Envoy drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Envoy:

2009 GMC Envoy Owner Comments

Oct 162013

Envoy 6-cyl

Luckily I stopped at a traffic light and the car quit. I put it in park and tried to re-start it but had nothing. A police officer pulled up behind me and radioed for a tow truck. They took it to the dealership and $300 dollars later said it was the ignition switch. They gave me the old switch and I still have it. Now I would like to know what would have happened if I had been on a major freeway traveling at 75-80 mph and the switch were to go out" G M is just recalling certain vehicles, what about all the rest that still have the same thing wrong with them. Is it that you have to loose your or someone you love's life before they are made to fix faulty parts" maybe they should be made to produce parts up to american standards and not third world country standards. Thank you

- Saginaw, MI, USA