2.9

2002 GMC Envoy XL lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Envoy XL:

2002 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Jun 012016

Envoy XL

When driving the vehicle all dash lights and gauges just stop working. They will come back on but this is a safety concern while driving on the highway. Also my headlights go on and off I have changed out the bulbs thinking that was the issue and no its not. On my way to work this morning at 530am they stopped and have not turned back on causing me to pull over and now missing work to figure out the problem. This has been an ongoing issue since the beginning of June and the problem seems it's getting worse. I can't drive 70 mph on a highway and have my headlights just stop working. I also smell gasoline inside my vehicle frequently.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA

Oct 012013

Envoy XL

As I was driving down interstate at 70-75mph, the headlights, dash lights, all the lighting just shut off! I had no idea what to do. I was on one of the most dangerous interstates, known for fatal accidents... and I'm driving in the dark without lights! I quickly moved to side of road and shut it off in case of faulty wiring/fire hazard. After approx. A five minute phone call, I started car, lights worked. Started driving again, approx. 10 minutes down road, lights shut off again. I hope this problem is resolved soon! this is dangerous and can kill people!

- Marion, IN, USA

Aug 012012

Envoy XL 6-cyl

The low beam headlights go out with no warning. The high beams will work. This has become a problem everytime the vehicle is driven at night.

- Southaven, MS, USA

Mar 012012

Envoy XL 6-cyl

Exterior lights, interior lights flickering, ,,cluster gauges changing state on their own, ,,

- Vinton, LA, USA

Jul 052005

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

General quality failure. Just a few of the problems 1. all of the recall notices 2. front end bushings 3. rear end bushing 4. air conditioning replacement 5. 4 wheel drive engagement. 6. door steps fall off 7. love the vehicle except that the dealer shop forman gets to drive it more than I do. Had a 1999 Blazer prior to this and it had quality issues also. Definitely go Honda or Toyota next time.

- Burke, VA, USA