2003 GMC Envoy XL AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy XL:

2003 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Jul 202005

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

Since we have this vehicle the heating system fails to work properly. We have repeatedly had the dealer and a G.M. representative try to repair this problem. After their attempts the system still doesn't operate correctly and now I am left with a defective air conditioning system that only works sometimes. I am hearing from other people that know who have this vehicle and the Chevrolet version the trailblazer that they have very similar problems. In the wrong circumstances not having heat/defroster working properly could be a safety hazard, yet this fails to become a recall or alert to drivers. As far as the A/C problems my son actually got heat stroke in the back of the car on a very hot day due to the fact that only vent windows open in this area and unless the vehicle is in motion it becomes very hot in the third row of seats in this vehicle if the air is not working correctly. G.M. should fix these vehicles! I have reported my problems to the better business bureau and I am hoping to return this vehicle to G.M. early. This car has also had numerous electrical problems with the radio. I feel that since they tried to fix the heater they have screwed up something else in the electric since they had to reground the whole system and this ground has already had to be reground due to the fact that it disengaged itself from the vehicle, doesn't sound like a safe repair to me.

- Garden City, NY, USA