1.9

2003 GMC Envoy XL engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy XL:

2003 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Oct 272016

Envoy XL

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Envoy XL. While the vehicle was stationary, the engine warning indicator remained illuminated. It was diagnosed that the fuel tank fractured. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 155,000.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Dec 232015

Envoy XL

My car will shut off when I am either turning or slowing down without any warning, I put the car in neutral, turn the key off then on again and it starts like nothing happened. The engine doesn't show any warning lights it just shuts off. This has happened now about 6 times. I don't have the money to take it to the dealer, but if I am given an idea of what to look for I can take it to my mechanic who is very qualified and did replace a sensor that went bad. Please help

- Vineland, NJ, USA

Jun 142011

Envoy XL 6-cyl

I got home one evening and when I turned the ignition key to shut the truck off the engine continued to run. I was concerned; as I could not leave the vehicle running all night; at that point I tried to engage the key again and the vehicle was still running. I became concerned and started to fiddle with the knobs and was surprised when after turning the highlight switch the engine shut off. The next morning I hestitately attempted to start the vehicle and when I was successful I headed straight to the GMC dealer. The dealer said that it was a wiring problem and the ignition wiring had to be redone; (the cost was $1600) I started a dialog with GM and they engaged me with several conversations; which led me to believe that they would pick up the cost; as electrical components were not part of any scheduled maintenance that I as a owner would be responsible for. When I made a request for reimbursement I was told that because of the mileage there was nothing they could (or would do). I could see if it were related to an oil change. Brakes, filters, etc. But as a owner this item is outside of my area of responsibility. GM should stand behind their products and make me and others whole. Ps.

- Roselle, NJ, USA