2003 GMC Envoy XL miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy XL:

2003 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Nov 262005

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

I had a flat tire and went to use the GMC provided jack and spare tire. The jack was held in by a large rubber band that broke as soon as I started to remove it. When I went to lower the spare tire down I heard a "crunch" come from the gear end of the spare tire pulley. The spare tire pulley, which was made of plastic, broke into pieces and wouldn't allow the tire to be lowered anymore or raised. GMC should be ashamed of themselves for providing such a lousy system on something that is obviously used in an emergency situation. Nice way to save a few dollars.

- Newton, NJ, USA