2003 GMC Envoy XL transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy XL:

2003 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Nov 022006

Envoy XL 6-cyl

I smelled something burning after I parked my 2003 GMC Envoy XL in the garage. After inspecting, noticed transmission fluid leaking on ground. Towed to mechanic. Told transmission cooler hose was laying next to catalytic converter - not secured. Heat from cc rubbed hole in tc hose and therefore could have ignited vehicle. Since I had parked in the garage, it also could have burned my other vehicle and our house. Mechanic replaced hose and secured. GMC will not acknowledge this is a problem since I did not take it to a dealer for repair and they cannot find any recall or bulletin on this problem.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Apr 302005

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

Our Envoy service engine soon light came on and then our Envoy would not go past second gear. We took to GMC and was told that the transmission had to be replaced. They stated that the upper coolant line had been touching catalytic converter and caused all fluid to leak out causing the transmission to fail. We saw no fluids in driveway or smelled any strange odors.

- Ft Thomas , KY, USA