NHTSA — Tires: Tread/Belt Problems

4.0

2003 GMC Envoy XL wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Envoy XL:

2003 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

May 162005

Envoy XL 6-cyl

I live in Arizona where it is hot and dry. I was coming home from the mall with my 2 children on the expressway when I had the driver's side rear tire blow out. I was stranded on the expressway for an hour with 2 small children. My vehicle is fairly new - 2003 GMC Envoy XL and there is only 38,000 miles on the tires. When the tow truck came to change out the tire they indicated that it was very unusual for a Michelin tire to blow the radials like it did. I have model P245/65R17. I still have the tire available, but now am having to have both rear tires replaced so they wear evenly and I see that some models similar to mine 245/75R16 have been recalled. I have not replaced the tire yet, because I am hopeing someone can give me some insight to the problem and I would like to know if I should have all the tires replaced not just the rear ones.

- Avondale, AZ, USA

Aug 152004

Envoy XL 4WD

Michelin, P245/65R17, dot# M3ktd2cx3002. Consumer was driving at 70 mph and the tire blew out. Pieces blew across the highway. Consumer pulled over to the left lane and sought help.

- Mobile, AL, USA