2004 GMC Envoy XL drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Envoy XL:

2004 GMC Envoy XL Owner Comments

Sep 272005

Envoy XL 4WD 6-cyl

While driving at 35-40 mph, after exiting the highway, (I-75) my truck just slowed all of a sudden, almost to a complete stop, no warning. And started jerking. I was almost rear ended. My truck started rattling, and clanking, and I had to have it towed. I was told by the dealership that my front carrier had thrown a bearing, (font differential) and the housing was broken. I was also told that it would be $3,286.53 to have my truck repaired. Upon further research, I learned from a friend that the same problem had occurred with his truck six months after he had purchased it, and that over 450 of these same parts had to be ordered in 2004 alone.

- Flint, MI, USA