1998 GMC Jimmy accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 GMC Jimmy:

1998 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Jun 152008

Drive an 1998 GMC Jimmy with around 172,000 miles on it (I know this is a lot of miles). Had the local GM dealer work on my rear defroster (one of the clips fell off). After receiving the vehicle back from the dealer I turned my defroster on about two weeks later. The back window exploded like a shotgun after about 15-20 seconds. Dealer says rear defroster voltage regulator must have went bad. I argued that a fuse should had blown before an explosion took place. GM complaint department also disagrees, saying that the vehicle is old and things like this happen. Luckily, no one was standing by the rear window when it exploded because it probably would have killed them. If I'm wrong tell me I'm wrong but I believe GM is responsible for no only replacing the window but fixing the rear defroster voltage regulator. I hope this is an isolated case but maybe by reporting this I can prevent someone from getting hurt (including a GM technician).

- Bloomington, IN, USA

Dec 152000

Jimmy 4WD

This has bee an ongoing problem with dealership and there service department I have also contacted GMC about this. If someone could help me out.I would like to speek to someone to find out what I can do please call me at work 989-793-5900 or home 989-893-4354 so I could explain all of the problems we have had thank you. No safety defect mentioned.

- Bay City, MI, USA

Feb 011999

Jimmy 4WD

Auto transmission in twice before failed, battery leak damaged elec sys, rear defog stopped working (glass had to be replaced), dealer unable to stop front suspension popping noises, pass seat recliner handle keeps breaking off.

- South Jordan, UT, USA