1998 GMC Jimmy electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 GMC Jimmy:

1998 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Feb 212006

Jimmy 4WD

The engine continually misfires. There is a tsb bulletin #00-06-04-003B. Deposit buildup on popped valve ball &/or seat, causing it to stick. There is a recall because of this but only in California. I live in Alaska. I got an estimate of $1200 bucks to fix this problem. Because of this, I only get 5-7 mpg, and have little power. Also, my ABS light turns on and the ABS activates at low speeds on dry ground. My electrical system is totally messed up. My right clicker just the sound not light) goes off when driving. It is completely erratic and unpredictable. My speakers turn off and on sporadically. My driver side seat adjuster broke off with little pressure. My steering wheel continuously pulls to the right. This many problems in a vehicle is ridiculous. What a lemon. Especially since I have seen the same exact complaints all over this sight about this specific vehicle.

- Kodiak, AK, USA