NHTSA — Parking Brake Problems

1999 GMC Jimmy brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 GMC Jimmy:

1999 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Aug 012005

Jimmy 4WD 6-cyl

There are several recalls out on my model of vehicle in which my vehicle has the same symptoms but when I run a check on the year VIN it comes back with no recalls. How can I make sure that my repairs should be covered under the recalls.

- Fillmore, IN, USA

Jul 072004

Jimmy 6-cyl

Parking brake failure. Repeated service visits, first three times it was adjusted, this did not help another time I was told I needed calipers (installed). Problem persists. Parking brake fails to hold vehicle from rolling on even the slightest grade.

- Sunnyvale, CA, USA