2001 GMC Jimmy brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Jimmy:

2001 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Nov 302015

Brake failure while driving, vehicle was in motion. Brake line corrosion caused front brakes to fail on 11/30/2015 no accident resulted from the failure.

- Waterford, WI, USA

Jul 162015

There have been a number of recalls for the 2001 GMC Jimmy, mainly recall #01073A & B stating ext. Lighting brake switch/ no rear brake lights. I'm told that the service was apparently completed on my vehicle in 2002, but another recall came out in 2008 stating the same problem. GM Canada is refusing to do the necessary recall on my truck stating that it was previously completed and that my vehicle is over a decade old, so it's my problem. I won't be purchasing another GMC in the future due to this issue. My rear brake lights stop working and its the switch that needs replacing. Thanks for nothing GM! you just lost a long term customer over a recall part. Dec 2001 - recall #01V364000 May 2008 - recall #01V364 / 01073B

- Winnipeg, ND, USA

Oct 102012

Jimmy 6-cyl

I would like to file a complaint about the ABS brake sensor not working. From online search this is a common problem with the 2001 GMC Jimmy and no recall has been issued. I have had this issue for the past year that the ABS lights on the dash will come sometimes but at other times it will be off. I have been told the sensor is bad and it would cost over $700 to fix. Since this is a big issue I wish you would look into this and have GM issue a recall.

- Evanston, WY, USA