2.5

2001 GMC Jimmy suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Jimmy:

2001 GMC Jimmy Owner Comments

Mar 012014

Jimmy

Hello I have buy this car in a dealer ''goval auto sales'' in pompano and we have many problem with safe. The engine may be stop + suspension + different tyre. We go to the dealer where we buy the car laste week. But he say, it's not my problem. My question : is it has no responsibility for safety when he sells a car? thank you very much for your attention. Jean-luc bourgeois 561-409-7699 email jlucbourgeois@hotmail.be

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Jan 152003

Jimmy

2 ball joints cost $122.40 2 hub and bearing assembly $904 front end alignment $49.95 labor $246 tax $70.84 total1401.69 my extended warranty covered all but $50 the warranty cost me $1600. Work done by stengel bros.Inc.whitehall pa.18052. The vehicle was beginning to pull to the right when I first noticed it.thought the front end was out of alignment. After a week or so I bought a new set of tires, and went to have the front end aligned when I was told of the problem. The stengel bros. Are well known for outstanding work!they also told me it looked like water got in the hubs or bearings. Never used my Jimmy off road. And held maintenance every 4 to 5000 mi. At most. Also had a lot of trouble with it jumping in to 4X4 low. Had it repaired 4 times. Along with other minor problems. As of 5/14/03 I sold it back to the dealer, and lost $5000 on the deal because of a so called smart buy. Which would of been ok. But because of mileage [51000] I was over from 36000[15000] miles X 20cents a mile, and $2000 because I turned it in early.just felt I could not trust the vehicle any more. Walked 5 mi. In dark one night and was towed in 3 times. I liked the vehicle, but it cost me $5000 to get rid of it which I can't express in words how un happy that makes me!! I work hard for a living,5K don't come easy.

- Palmerton, PA, USA

Jan 172002

Jimmy

While driving car makes a rowing loud noise sometimes.

- Chicago, IL, USA