8.0

1. shotgun (12 gauge semi-automatic) (1 reports)
1995 GMC Safari suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1995 GMC Safari:

1995 GMC Safari Owner Comments

Oct 232003

Safari

My torsion bar snapped right in half after turning out of a parking lot. Of course, this caused my entire front drivers side to come crashing down on my wheel. I had to jack my van up and use a 2x4 for suspension to drive the damn thing home. Then I call Thorstad Chevrolet only to find out that they have been having problems with the torsion bars snapping so NOW they make the torsion bars 6.3 inches shorter (which means you have to replace BOTH of them) $220 each and oh yeah--now because they're 6.3 inches shorter, you have to get 2 adjusters for each bar ($50 each) Well if that doesn't piss you off enough--it seems no one at the GMC dealers know exactly how they go on!!! That is why I am on the internet to begin with. But I did find your website and had to let loose. Thank god we weren't doing 60 MPH down the Beltline, huh?

- , Fitchburg, WI, USA