2001 GMC Sierra 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Sierra 1500:

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 282009

Sierra 1500

I just want to let you know about a little problem I'm having with my 2001 GMC 4X4 truck. There are two certain grocery stores I go to and when I start my truck back at these stores the gas gauge goes to empty and the gas pedal locks up and can not be pushed down.then I have to turn off the engine, then when I get the gas pedal freed then start the truck back the gas pedal is ok. I'm thinking my truck's computer is getting confused with some kind of micro waves or something coming from the stores electrical devices. I'm wondering if anyone else has these problems.

- Garrett, KY, USA