2001 GMC Sierra 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Sierra 1500:

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 092015

Sierra 1500 6-cyl

As far as I know the truck went around corner and veered off the road in to a snow bank due to black ice and into a tree on passenger side of was a hard hit and the air bags did not work.when I get the accident report I will put exact speed.

- Winchendon, MA, USA

Dec 192013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Was about to go shopping for christmas gifts, stepped on brake at top of court and the peddle went to floor. Not just loss of hydros full on brake malfunction, no brakes at all. I live in New York and truck was purchased from Connecticut. Decided to make left turn and missed getting hit by 18 wheeler by inches. I am lucky to be alive to be typing this now, no thanks to GM. No warning lights nothing at all just no brakes. To add emergency brake did not work.

- Bayside, NY, USA

Aug 052010

Sierra 1500

I am writing to complain about a 2001 GMC Sierra. It has a safety recall for the wheel speed sensor which can also damage the hub assembly, but the dealership still wants to charge a whopping $550 replacement fee. They say they can not replace the wheel speed sensor without replacing the hub assembly even though it has been recalled. The bad speed sensor is causing the ABS to malfunction at low speeds and it is also smelling like electrical fire, the problem happens every time we drive he truck and I am worried that it will soon catch fire. We were told one day that the problem was the wheel speed sensor, and the very next day, after informing the dealer that it was under a safety recall, they told us we had to replace the entire hub assembly. I have no doubt that the entire hub bearing is bad, but I believe it probably went bad as a result of the malfunctioning wheel sensor. Needless to say, I am disappointed in my dealer and GMC.

- Huntsville, OH, USA