8.0

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Sierra 1500:

2001 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 132010

Sierra 1500

Don't know if I can fix this myself or not... I should be able to. It's a matter of getting parts and info to change out the window, right?!

But went to put down my drivers side window and it went down with noises of crunching and glass breaking. The window then went up automatically by itself and won't do anything else now. When I try to lower or raise it the motor purrs so I'm thinking the motor is ok... But the window itself moves only millimeters. Most interesting to hear of other people having this happen too... along with the fuel gauge problem..

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

- , Springfield, VA, USA