6.0

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sierra 1500:

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 232005

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

Out of warranty and issue starts. Code reads P0442. Clear codes OK for a few days. In the winter no issue and no codes. Could be $ 200+ to check out.

- , Windsor, ON, Canada

Jul 112003

Sierra 1500 SLE

I purchased a brand new 2003 $36,000 Sierra. It has many extras and I would assume there would be few problems. Since I have owned it the check engine light has been coming on over and over again. After a few tries, it was diagnosed as the evaporation system either not having a part made properly or the computer program not reading it correctly. In either case I was told by GMC that there is no fix and that I would have to live with the check engine light on!! I am not happy at all about this, and when I pressed them further I was told "That's the way it is sometimes"!! I payed a lot of money for a brand new vehicle and this my problem?! Also, with the light on all the time, how do I know if there really is a problem. I can not take in the truck to be checked every day. I have a family and do not want to take this vehicle on long trips because I can not be sure it is ok. This is completely unaaceptable!!! How many other people out there are having the same problems?

- , Lake Zurich, IL, USA