2003 GMC Sierra 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sierra 1500:

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Apr 132013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

I was driving along and all of a sudden the truck sorta hesitated and lost all engine power at which point I noticed the reduced engine power warning came on and I tried accelerating to try and maybe travel along to pull over at a safe place and come to find I could not accelerate at all, I had to coast to the side onto the grass alongside the road but my fear is that I live close to orlando, fl and travel there at times luckily this has not occurred while there as there are 3-4 lane highways potentially putting me & others in a fatal position if I am caught in a center lane but I try to avoid this for the most part, I either travel on the far left or far right giving me access to the emergency shoulder if needed, but not sure what to do in regards to this problem as I bought this vehicle used and not sure how to go about checking if this is a safety recall issue or not as I am not able to afford a problem like this right now financially...and this has occurred like after I bought the vehicle like in three months following the purchase and continued like every other week for like three months straight it has now cut down to like once every three months or so, the latest occurring Nov 21, 2014.

- Sumterville, FL, USA

Aug 092013

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2003 GMC Sierra. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, a fire erupted from the undercarriage area. The local fire department was called to extinguish the fire. The vehicle was then towed to the contact's residence and had not been repaired or diagnosed to determine the cause of the fire. The manufacturer was not made aware of the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 150,000.

- Ramona, OK, USA