2003 GMC Sierra 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sierra 1500:

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 052009

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

Every problem I've found with this beautiful truck was cheap parts.

- , Dayton, OH, USA

Jul 072008

Sierra 1500 4.8L

Service airbag light on constantly. No codes being indicated on "Super Chip" code reader. Dealership wants almost $100 just to put it on the diagnosis machine. I am not willing to spend $100 to find out that its a $5.00 fuse or something else petty. I am however concerned that if I get in an accident my airbag won't work. I pointed out to the service guy that the sensor under the passenger seat is actually broken away from the screw mount, he said "thats no big deal and would cause the trouble light to come on". I do not trust dealership service departments so I am hesitant to let them look into the problem. Anyone else have this problem?

- , Temecula, CA, USA