4.7

1. never buy another gm vehicle (2 reports)
2003 GMC Sierra 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Sierra 1500:

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Nov 012010

Sierra 1500 WT 6 cyl

Replaced under warranty now out of extended warranty is knocking agin. Non dealer Repair shop that specializes in GM said it is common problem on trucks and not worth repairing at this stage. Truck has 60,000 miles. Had same problem with 1990 GMC I owned prior to buying this truck new in 2004. Fool me once shame on you--fool me twice shame on me!

- , Honeoye Falls, NY, USA

Sep 202004

Sierra 1500 SLE 4.8L

The mid-shaft sounded like it was going to fall off. Have heard the problem with other GM trucks and sometimes the mid-shaft is not replaced. Very poor quality. I currently have 75k on the truck and it sounds like mid-shaft is starting to rattle again.

- , Sterling Heights, MI, USA

Jan 062005

Sierra 1500 LX 5.3L

Just wanted to get this off my chest. Tonight when leaving work, I talked to one of my coworkers in regards to the issues that he has been having with his 2003 Chevy truck. When a company have fixed a known issue two times under warranty (under the 36,000 mile warranty) since I don't put a lot of miles on my truck, and the issue happens a 3rd time just over 40,000 miles and tells you that that can't cover the repair again, something is definitely wrong! I swear this will be the last new gm vehicle that I will purchase, if that's the way they stand behind their product, The service manager went through the song and dance by saying he would contact corporate and see what he can do for me. Of course the answer was it was too far out of warranty. By the way this was over year ago when I had contacted them, but, talking with my coworker had resurfaced my frustration with their product. He also had his repaired twice under warranty, but failed again for the 3rd time that wasn't covered. He stated it will also be his last gm product. With the economy being what it is, these companies should start listening to the consumers. For the two of us it's too late!

- , Durham, ME, USA