6.5

$1,500.00

2. head unit needs to be reprogrammed by gm (software issue) (1 reports)
  3. replaced stereo (1 reports)
2004 GMC Sierra 1500 accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 1500:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 172014

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L V8

FIRST RADIO, NOW THE SPEAKER AND SOME OF THE LIGHTS ON DASH. MAKES SICK. SO IT'S OLD BUT DON'T HAVE A LOT OF MILES ON IT. HEY, I GOING WITH FORD NEXT TIME, BUY ONE. IT'S GOT 95,000 MILES. I LOOK AT ONE THAT HAD 155,000 THEY WANT 29,000. WOW, MAKES ME SICK.

- , Trumann, AR, USA

Jun 252011

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L-V8

Typical GM electronics, junk from the beginning. First the indicator lights began to fail, the the CD drive would overheat and seize, the the entire unit quit working.

- , Bremerton, WA, USA

Jul 012014

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

This is a common issue that was extended back to the 04 model line a while ago, yet only covers a fraction of the VIN numbers. Mine is not part of the recalled group and I am supposed to pay for it out of pocket.

I had told the dealer (CMP Auto in Calgary AB) about the recall and the issue, they stated since my vin is not part of the group I would have to pay for it myself. They stated it would be 3 weeks before they could address it and would have to be diagnosed first even though I told them exactly the issue and the steps they needed to take to solve this. Time quoted from other online sources is 0.4 HR to repair, code is R0125: Radio - Program.

She would not honor this or accept that it was similar to the recalled issue and was still intent on setting me up for a diagnostic inspection and then repair. Needless to say, I did not book in.

- , Calgary, Alberta, canada

May 092009

Sierra 1500 V8

Mad as Hell about not being able to play my CD's! This is about a new truck. I have been told it would run around 900.00 to replace it. That is crazy!

- , Millers Creek, NC, USA