Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.
A free service from CarTalk.com
Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I'm a 60 year old man and have been a GM man since I was a kid but this 2004 GMC 1500 4x4, which I bought brand new, has been a pain in the ass since I bought it. here what I encountered since I bought it:
1. wind noise from the doors- dealer could not fix
2. always pulled to the right- dealer could not fix
3. unidentifiable chirping noise- turned out to be a weakening transfer case that finally let go - now have marble-like noices
4. hard 1st to 2nd gear shifting
5. instrument cluster defect
6. steering wheel switches lights not lighting up or sticky
7. steering column rattling
My son also bought a 2004 and discovered on his transfer case that the chain in the transfer case was hitting the inside of the case and developed a pinhole that started to seep oil. If you have one of these vehicles and you haven't had a transfer case problem, you will.
Please let me know if GM is being held responsible for any of these repairs as i'm sure i'm not the only one experiencing these issues.
one more thing:
8. high oil consumption- a quart every 1500 miles
- David H.,
Salinas, CA, US
Search CarComplaints.com for these popular complaint phrases...
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME:
Link must be about this specific problem or it will be deleted — it must be free & helpful, like a video or web page or forum thread about this exact problem.
NO FORUM HOMEPAGES. If you have a for-profit service, contact us.
Preview your link:
Not what you are looking for?