2. replace it at my own expense (1 reports)
2004 GMC Sierra 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 1500:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jan 012007

Sierra 1500 4.8L

complained to the dealer and gm , when the dealer had driven the truck every thing worked then. when i drive for a length of time at one speed lets say 100kmh for about an hour or so i would that the speedo, the tach and the oil components were stuck in the same position. you had to start and turn off the truck several times to reset to the correct position..

- , Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

Jun 162010

Sierra 1500

There is no speed dial on the truck. sounds like a on going thing with these trucks even my avulanch is doing the same thing but it's a chevy 04

- , Chico, CA, USA

Nov 012009

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

I'll go along with everyone else that has had to deal with the instrument cluster f&$k that GM will not fix. I've been in contact with the selling dealer and with GM themselves only to be told that "You're out of warranty" sorry about your luck. This is a $350.00 DIY project. Replacement could be done sitting outside of the Dealership's parts dept and could be done in less than 20 minutes. If buying a new cluster, take your old one to them or it's a $500.00 core charge added on to ensure you bring the old piece of sh*t back to them. They're hiding behind a Judge's ruling that they only have to honor mileage up to 80k, anything beyond that they'll tell you to stick it. I agree with whoever said that it's no wonder GM is in trouble. Good Customer Service breeds Excellent Customer Loyalty. Sh*tty Customer Service such as this breeds resentment to the brand. My wife and I are looking at new vehicles this year. From the day I got my license almost 30 years ago, I have owned nothing but General Motors vehicles. I won't ever own another! FORD will be getting my business from now on or until they too provide some really sh*tty Customer Service.

- , Kansas City, MO, USA