1. repair / replace the instrument panel (3 reports)
2004 GMC Sierra 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 1500:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 112010

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L-V8

Engineering failure? Manufacturing issue? No way to know, but the instrument panel should have lasted more that 62K miles!

- , Bremerton, WA, USA

Feb 282009

Sierra 1500 LS 5.3L

The speedometer and gas gauge don't operate correctly.I complained to the dealership and they said Gm put in faulty equipment at the factory but would only fix it under warranty and I was over the mileage. Gm is a bunch of jerks and I will never buy another and I encourage everyone to buy Fords because they don't screw their customers and have been very responsible during these trying times. If it wasn't for a gps I could never tell how fast I am going. I tell my Grand kids I am doing over 120 mph when actually I am doing 35 lol The needle every once in a while drops back to zero then jumps up to 120 and beyond and stays their even when stopped. The fuel is a guessing game. The gauge shows way past full almost goes completely around and finally comes to 3/4 when almost empty. Once I get it paid off it is going and I will get my Ford Truck. Thanks for listening and have a great day.

- , Poplar Grove, IL, USA

May 202010

Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4.3L V6

The oil gauge and the battery gauge do not work. Both went crazy...

- , Tucson, AZ, USA