1. replace fuel pump (1 reports)
2004 GMC Sierra 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 1500:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

May 222005

Sierra 1500 1500

I had taken my brand new GMC in to get a few recalls fixed when the manager told me I needed to replace the fuel filter. The whining sound from the fuel pump was annoying, but I knew nothing about cars, so I ignored it and went on. About a month later the vehicle wouldn't even idle, changing the fuel filter helped, but a few days later I had the same problem. I took it in to get it fixed and when they returned it to me, it was making the same noise, I took it back the next day, when they claimed to have changed the fuel pump. The vehicle ran fine for a couple of days when all of a sudden there was the noise and same problems again, I took it back to the dealership and when they returned it to me this third time they explained to me that some noise from the fuel pump is "normal" and I thought NORMAL?! It is not normal when you can hear the noise from the fuel pump with the windows up and the stereo on. I have finally given up and am debating claiming lemon law on it. I have never been so frustrated in my life.

- , McAlester, OK, USA