2004 GMC Sierra 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 GMC Sierra 1500:

2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 092015

Sierra 1500

Bought truck 15 days ago. Had a nail in my tire so I put on the spare tire which was rusty and probably never looked at for 11 years but had to put this on to avoid being stranded. This vehicle was just inspected and was wondering if the spare tire is included in the inspection process. Due to rusty tire condition the lugs loosened and tire fell off while driving on the high way after I changed it. I was told bye the mechanics that the lugs loosened due to a rusty faulty spare. Does this fall under any laws due to just purchasing this vehicle and it going through the dealers inspection sticker. This cussed a serious accident and want to know if they should be held accountable or if I am liable for this.

- Foxboro, MA, USA

Jun 102009

Sierra 1500

I purchased Bridgestone dueler alenza hl tires at 42509 on 06/10/2009 and on 04/10/2011 I had a slow leak and went to Bridgestone dealer for repair but noticed cracking in tread. I was told this was normal! in May 2013 my mechanic said this cracking was dry rot and I verified with other tire dealer truck had 70693 mile. This is a 65000 mile tire and I only had 14000 miles before cracking started- this is a safety hazard. I did not go back to Bridgestone dealer because I was given inaccurate info and I bought Michelin instead. I called Bridgestone and they told me there was nothing they could do and "have a nice day."!!!! good luck if you buy these!

- Fairfield, OH, USA