0.9

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Sierra 1500:

2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 052016

Sierra 1500

I drive a 2005 Sierra 1500 4 wheel drive. While driving on the freeway the truck went from normal 2 wheel drive (D on the steering column), into neutral. I did nothing to create this action. The situation was extremely dangerous. I did pull off after other drivers almost crashed due to my immediate decrease in speed. Once stopped I attempted to use the steering wheel shift lever to put the truck in drive or park. It would not shift, even with foot on the break. I noticed my 4 wheel drive selector switch was not illuminated. I pushed the 2wd button and it made a terrible noise. I tried the auto 4WD button and then was able to move the steering lever back to park and then to D for drive. Now when I slow to turn the truck drops into low 4 wheel drive which makes the truck slow to 10 mph max. This could get anyone killed even if initially one had plenty of time to turn. There are 100S of forums on the internet dealing with exactly this problem yet nothing is being done. How many people have died because of this problem and not had the chance to tell" how many more must die before anything is done"

- Palm Springs, CA, USA