2. replace sensor (1 reports)
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Sierra 1500:

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Feb 022013

Sierra 1500 5.3L

This problem should not have occurred in the first place. The sensor was $300 to replace these things only go after warranty runs out.

- , Sewickley, PA, USA

Apr 262013

Sierra 1500

click to see larger images

service air bag light

Typical of my GM owning experience, my wonderful GMC Sierra joins the ranks with my 07 Impala, as they're both off to compete in the "Midwest Dash Light Classic"

Think your vehicle has what it takes to make your dash light up like a Christmas Tree? With the Government Motors Crap special, you too can convert your interior cab into a nightclub scene, simply by driving and maintaining your vehicle!

My '07 Sierra's air bag light came on the other day. I'm not sure why, but I've read everything from "it was cold out", to "the sensors got wet" and "the electric seats cut through a seat weight sensor wire"

Will update when I learn more about this!

Stay illuminated my friends!

Update from Aug 30, 2013: A few months back now, I got into a terrible accident where I was hit by two semis, actually pinched between them. It was the semi driver's fault for not checking his mirrors.

The airbags did not deploy and OnStart never called to see if I was alright.

Bought a 2012 Ram and am much happier now!

- , Chicago, IL, USA