2008 GMC Sierra 1500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Sierra 1500:

2008 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Sep 022016

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

My dashboard has several cracks exposing the electrical components within the dash. These cracks are in various places across the entire dash. I purchased this vehicle brand new and it is currently in excellent condition (with the exception of the dash) I am concerned that if the air bag were to be deployed the plastic dashboard would explode and expose my passengers or myself to additional hazards within the vehicle. I am also concerned that the electrical system in my dash board is now exposed to additional hazards due to the additional exposure to the sun. I am filing this incident with the hopes that it will help a recall to be issued. I noticed the first small crack in 2011. I have kept an eye on it over the years and as of today, there are exposed openings in the dash in several places. Until today, I thought that I might have just been unlucky, however after doing some research online, it is apparent that I am not alone, and this should be recalled under a manufacturers defect. Thank you for taking the time to file this report on my behalf. Feel free to email me with additional information as needed. Best regards.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Apr 142016

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that the dashboard had a crack from the dashboard to the air bags. The dealer and manufacturer stated that the contact was liable for the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 138,197.

- Ferriday, LA, USA

Mar 202013

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

Dash is cracking in multiple locations. My truck is hardly in the sun and I always use a sun shade in the windshield. There are several cracks around the dash and I am worried this will have an impact on the air bag systems. This is unacceptable from GMC.

- Gold Canyon, AZ, USA

Jan 012011

Sierra 1500

Two large cracks on dashboard. One is above instrument cluster hump and it's approximately 5" in length. The other is just above passenger side airbag and that one is approximately 3" in length.

- Spring, TX, USA