2011 GMC Sierra 1500 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500:

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Mar 012011

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that the low beam headlights shorted randomly since 2011. The vehicle was taken to the dealer twice, but was unable to replicate and diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and recommended that the vehicle be taken to a second dealer. The contact had been waiting for years for the manufacturer to provide a remedy. The failure mileage was not available.

- Aynor, SC, USA

Apr 162016

Sierra 1500

Something is wrong with the electrical system. All my door locks repeatedly lock and unlock, all my emergency checks and service light go on and off, my gauges all drop to zero, and most recently my vehicle has shut down while I'm driving it. But it happens randomly. Sometimes it's worse than others. I recently had to steer up onto a curb because I was driving and my gauges dropped to zero and my engine completely cut out. And that was after my airbags shut off and my lights and door locks flickered repeatedly. Maybe there's a short in a circuit or wire or maybe it's my alternator but services at a dealership are having a difficult time finding it. And al these things happen whether I'm driving or stationary. Rain or dry. Doesn't matter. But it's clearly unsafe. And I have no choice but to drive it because it's my only means for transportation.

- Saint Clair Shores, MI, USA

Jul 282015

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500. When attempting to start the vehicle, the vehicle would momentarily get stuck in the start position. The failure was intermittent. The contact was made aware of the NHTSA campaign number: 14V827000 (electrical system) by a independent mechanic. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who confirmed that the vehicle was not included in the recall. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 120,000.

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Nov 052014

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that all the instrument panel warning lights illuminated and the gauges failed. On another occasion, the contact stated that the oil and air bag warning lights illuminated. In addition, the washer fluid warning light illuminated, although the washer fluid was full. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign id numbers: 13V315000 (air bags), and 14V614000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Flint, MI, USA

Feb 052014

Sierra 1500

My starter or fly wheel is causing my truck to not want to start, also there is a rattling noise while driving at about 1500 RPM, and something is knocking in the rear of my truck. Its a 2011 with less than 40,000 miles and has been taken well care of, no reason this should happen. Luckily still under warranty.

- Cameron, NC, USA