3.3

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Sierra 1500:

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 292016

Sierra 1500

After I got a recall letter in regard to the air bags, I decided to look at my dash just as a visual inspection. I have a dash cover to protect it from the heat. As I took it off the first thing I noticed was the cracked dash above my gauge cluster, right on the "hump". very disappointed since I take care of this vehicle and I don't apply any solvents on the dash. Mostly soap and water then if any a water based cleaner/ protector.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Sep 012016

Sierra 1500

Dash has begun to crack all over particularly around air bag. Crack just started to appear and are getting worse. This is a common problem in GMC

- Denton, TX, USA

Oct 152016

Sierra 1500

Noticed cracks in two places on the dash. The airbag cover is also popping up a little. Just noticed when getting in vehicle in the morning. Vehicle was parked.

- San Diego, CA, USA

May 152015

Sierra 1500

Dash has cracked around the passenger side airbag. Very unsafe if I got in a crash those pieces would crack and go flying

- Carlisle, PA, USA

Jul 142014

Sierra 1500

I purchased this 2011 GMC Sierra denali in July of 2014 from an individual, and there was a small crack on the dash alongside the passenger side air bag. In the last 2 months, this crack has enlarged so that the crack is wide open in the dash and I am afraid in a collision that the dash will crack further and shards of plastic will spray on myself or passengers. This is a safety concern, and this needs to be addressed and repaired. See attached photo.

- Milledgeville, GA, USA

Mar 112015

Dashboard around the passenger side airbag is cracked in 2 corners

- Cherry Hill, NJ, USA

Jul 042016

Sierra 1500

Cracking dash in many areas exposing electrical wiring.

- Granbury, TX, USA

Jul 212015

Sierra 1500

This is the third GM vehicle of this year model range that I have owned. All 3 have resulted in catastrophic cracking of the dash, all three in either exact, or close to exact locations. These cracks are connecting to the airbag, and connecting to the instrument panel right in front of the driver field of view. I have pointy shards of plastic and holes in the Sierra I currently own. I am no engineer, however I am positive that in the event of airbag deployment, or a forward impact collision that myself and/or my family will have much more to worry about than just the impact. Outside of operational use, I do not understand why General Motors would continue to balk on assistance provided to their customers. I love General Motors trucks, and I never want to own anything different, but my family being harmed and/or the constant eyesore of such a nice vehicle appearance being tainted is effecting my overall opinion. Please do not allow my family to be injured by the faulty design and engineering of the inevitable "shattered dash" of the GM's that you guys have come to know over the past 5 years. It is atrocious and an all out safety hazard.

- Phenix City, AL, USA

May 022016

Sierra 1500

My 2011 GMC Sierra denali dashboard has cracked from airbag on passenger side to the speedometer

- Amsterdam, NY, USA

Feb 052010

Sierra 1500

For the full term of ownership, while in the act of refueling, the gas fill would trigger and shut off gas 10 to 20 times during fill up, at every manufacturered pump, nozzle or gas station in creation, just an absolute joke.

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Jun 012016

Sierra 1500

Got in my truck for work and discovered the dash was cracked!! sitting still overnight and the dash cracks!!! if a lemon law is for lemons, it should not matter if it's a safety issue or not and it should be covered by GM!!! it's time for GM to step up - who's going to make them?

- Crestwood, KY, USA

Apr 272016

Sierra 1500

The vehicle was stationary the dash cracked at the left hand top corner of the air bag, could this be a problem if the air bag deployed truck only has 40K miles

- Midland, TX, USA

May 042016

Sierra 1500

Dash cracked for around airbag and the center speaker for no known reason always garaged never parked in sun without sun shade I feel this may cause serious injury if airbag is deployed due to the cracked plastic around the airbag...

- Round Rock, TX, USA

Dec 122014

Sierra 1500

The dashboard is cracked and continues to crack even more. The vehicle is hardly driven and is parked in the garage out of the sun. It is not a daily driver but only used on the weekends for fun. The cracks are getting bigger and I'm concerned about the safety of the air bags.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 182016

Sierra 1500

The dashboard has major cracks around the airbag and the cluster areas. When you spend 45,000 or more on a vehicle you expect a quality product. I sold my BMW 750 li and purchased this GMC Sierra 1500 denali 2011. I have viewed multiple videos of people having the same concerns and/or issues after I purchased this vehicle this clearly a defective part that GM does not want to address. America is better than this. I know this does not matter but I will never purchase another american vehicle and have purchased a lot of vehicles domestic and foreign. Let's do the right thing!

- Fairfield, CA, USA

May 292016

Sierra 1500

Cracked dash panel above passenger side airbag replaced on 1/14/14 on warranty. Now cracked again in the same place on 5/29/16.

- Lafayette, LA, USA

Aug 202015

Sierra 1500

Dashboard cracked at 65000 miles near airbag.

- Elizabettown, KY, USA

Nov 252015

Sierra 1500

My dash is cracked and I am afraid of the safety concerns of my airbag deploys.

- Mobile, AL, USA

May 042016

Sierra 1500

Cracks on both the corner of the passenger air bag and on the driver's side above the instrument cluster. One on driver's side is about 6 inches long.

- Middleburg, FL, USA

May 012014

Sierra 1500

Cracked dash in several places, including around airbag. Concerned about safety.

- Saint Rose, LA, USA